The National Center for Rural Road Safety (Safety Center) hosted a FREE, 1.5-hour online webinar.
This webinar provided information on:
- Louisiana’s Regional Approach to the Implementation of the Strategic Highway Safety Plan
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants were able to:
- Identify persons involved in the statewide and regional implementation of the Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- Understand the importance of the 4E Approach
- Identify Key Emphasis Areas
- Implement a successful Strategic Highway Safety Plan at the local level
This training was directed towards regional and local transportation professionals responsible for transportation safety planning, coalition building, and strategic implementation of safety plans. Participants had some basic familiarity with transportation planning.
The course presenters were:
Cassie Parker, Regional Transportation Planner for the South Central Planning and Development Commission
- Cassie holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a Concentration in Human Resource Management from Nicholls State University. She serves as the Regional Safety Coordinator for the South Central Regional Safety Coalition, which is one of nine multidisciplinary coalitions throughout the state of Louisiana, funded by Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development that are tasked with the implementation of the Louisiana Strategic Highway Safety Plan at the local level.
Dortha Cummins, Director of the Louisiana Center for Transportation Safety
- Dortha serves as the Director for the Louisiana Center for Transportation Safety (LCTS), overseeing highway safety research, safety workforce development, and providing implementation support for the State’s safety strategies. She also serves as co-chair of the Strategic Highway Safety Plan (SHSP) Statewide Occupant Protection Emphasis Area. Previously, she served as the Planner and Occupant Protection Coordinator for the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission (LHSC). Dortha holds a master’s degree from the University of Oklahoma and a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University.