2017 National Roadway Safety Awards- Share your Successful Safety Improvements
Posted on May, 1st 2017
It’s time for the biennial solicitation of nominees for the Federal Highway Administration and Roadway Safety Foundation National Roadway Safety Awards. Nominations should exemplify successful engineering solutions that represent Infrastructure and Operational Improvements or Program Planning, Development, and Evaluation. Applications must be received by June 9, 2017.
Awards will be given in each of the two categories and selected projects will be published in a noteworthy practices guide to share with others. The intent of the awards program is to recognize agency achievements in improving safety.
Please visit the following link to review eligibility criteria and access the nomination form https://www.roadwaysafety.org/awards/apply
Award recipients will receive:
- An invitation and funded travel to attend an award ceremony in Washington, DC.
- Opportunities to network with key transportation officials in Washington, DC.
- National media coverage and additional local media support, identifying your organization as a leader in highway safety.
- Appearance in the 2017 National Roadway Safety Awards Noteworthy Practices Guide, Public Roads magazine, the Roadway Safety Reporter, the FHWA Safety Compass, as well as other publications of national safety and transportation organizations.
- Recognition on several websites operated by FHWA, RSF, and their safety partners.
- An engraved plaque.