Did you attend our first Summit? Register now for the second one- we’re bridging the gap!
Posted on August, 28th 2018
Rural communities provide food, energy, resources and much more to keep America running. In 2016, attendees at the National Working Summit on Transportation in Rural America helped define the future for “Moving Rural America” by articulating the key transportation safety issues facing rural areas, culminating in a call to action of “On the Road to Zero, We Cannot Ignore Rural.”
The National Center for Rural Road Safety, in collaboration with the National Association of County Engineers (NACE), is hosting a second summit in December 2018. This event will continue to move the rural conversation forward and will focus more intently on safety solutions and “Bridging the Gap.”
- How do we create awareness and a unified voice for rural areas?
- What rural-specific solutions exist and how do you implement them within rural constraints?
- How do we look at rural safety without peering through an “urban lens?”
- More importantly, how do we shift rural safety culture to get us to zero?
Don’t miss the opportunity to collaborate with others who are interested in transportation safety. The agenda allows for plenty of participation in the safety conversation! Well over a dozen different stakeholder groups were represented at the first summit- this time around, let’s spread that reach even further. Rural road safety has many considerations where your input and enthusiasm can be cultivated into real progress on the road to zero.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!
There are many registration options for both the pre-Summit Workshops and the Summit. Please read the workshop descriptions carefully so you are familiar with which one(s) you may wish to attend. All fees shown are for early registration (prior to November 12th). Late registration will increase workshop costs by $25 each and Summit costs by $75.
Registration fees are as follows
Individual Workshop – Workshops are being offered on both Tuesday, December 4th and Wednesday, December 5th (see agenda). The following charges are applicable if an attendee wishes to attend ONE workshop:
- Tuesday, December 4th, Workshop [$60.00; lunch not included]
- Wednesday, December 5th, Workshop [$75.00; lunch included]
All Workshops [$115] – Save some money and get a full day of training! Participate in both half-day trainings on Tuesday, December 4th AND Wednesday, December 5th for a reduced fee. When registering, attendees need to indicate which workshop they wish to attend on Wednesday, December 5th. Lunch is provided on Wednesday.
Summit Only [$275] – Only have time to attend the Summit? Plan to arrive prior to 11:00 am, Wednesday, December 5th. Registration includes lunch Wednesday, December 5th and Thursday, December 6th, as well as an opening reception Wednesday evening and breakfast Thursday.
Combined Workshop/Summit options – If you are looking to maximize your travel dollars, you can also choose to attend one or more of the workshops and the Summit for a discounted fee:
- One Workshop + Summit [$310] – Choose one of the workshops on Wednesday, December 5th and continue your attendance through the Summit. Registration includes lunch Wednesday, December 5th and Thursday, December 6th, as well as an opening reception Wednesday evening and breakfast Thursday.
- Two Workshops + Summit [$350] – Select this option and you can attend the Tuesday, December 4th workshop as well as choose from one of the Wednesday, December 5th morning workshops. In addition, your attendance at the Summit will be expected. Registration includes lunch Wednesday, December 5th and Thursday, December 6th, as well as an opening reception Wednesday evening and breakfast Thursday