Still time to provide input about mobility needs….
Posted on December, 6th 2019
The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC) conducted a groundbreaking survey of older adults, people with disabilities, and their caregivers in 2018 to learn about the needs and challenges these audiences face. They currently have a follow-up survey open for a few more days.
Your participation can help shape how the transportation needs of older adults and people with disabilities are addressed in the future.
To accommodate the unique issues older adults and people with disabilities face in accessing and using transportation options, NADTC promotes:
- Engaging older adults and people with disabilities before new transportation options are created and using their insights and experiences to improve transportation programs, design new programs and ensure that services are of the highest quality.
- Ensuring that older adults and people with disabilities know about the transportation choices available in their community and understand how to access these options.
- Offering one-on-one assistance to assist older adults and people with disabilities select the best transportation options to meet their needs and use the transportation options available in the community.
- Providing safe, efficient, predictable, and reliable transportation services that older adults and people with disabilities are comfortable using.
- Following the ADA to ensure that people with disabilities are able to stay connected to their communities.
Please click here to begin the survey. The survey will be open until Sunday, December 8.
If you have any questions regarding this survey and its purpose, please contact Virginia Dize, NADTC Co-Director at (202) 872-0888, or firstname.lastname@example.org.