BOZEMAN, MONTANA – 12/21/2022 – The recipients of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) new Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program (Rural) have been announced.
This year’s selected projects include:
- West Reserve Drive Improvements Project in Kalispell, Montana.
- Mobility for Everyone, Everywhere in North Carolina
- BIA Route 7 Regional Improvement Project in Todd County, South Dakota
- Advancing Connectivity and Equity in the Native Village of Wales, Alaska
- Coalfields Expressway Project in Wyoming County, West Virginia
USDOT awarded $273.9 million to the program to help communities complete transportation projects that will increase connectivity, improve safety and reliability, support regional economic growth, and improve the quality of life for people living in rural areas.
Find more information and a full list of this year’s Rural grant recipients here. More information about the Rural program and the combined Multimodal Project Discretionary Grant funding opportunity is available here.
For more information on this announcement, read USDOT’s full news release.